January 1, 2004

Biography: Updated March 9 2009

It has been almost two years since I last updated the about-me section, and enough has changed to merit it, so here goes.

I hate writing these biography things. I never know what to do with them; should I go with a simple bullet point list, or should I tell you my whole life story?

If you want to know my whole life story, well, that's what this here 'online journal' is here for. And yes, I do recognize the difference between 'online journal' and 'blog.' This online website is about 60% journal and 40% blog, and 100% awesome. Erm. Maybe not.

I've been blogging since late 2001 on various platforms: diaryland, xanga, livejournal, and blogger. I'm like a senior citizen on the internet.

The blog is named after a Dostoevsky quote which can be found if you scroll down to the bottom of the page. There is virtually no information in my Blogger profile.

I'm an artsy-fartsy-creative sort of guy, a former English major who is well-read and cultured and kinda snotty about it. I like guys and naked pictures of guys. Sometimes I post naked pictures of guys but cover up their naughty bits with the dustjacket of a book I've read and recommend.

I have a boyfriend of about two years. His nickname on the blog is Initials, because in real life he goes by his initials--I told you I was a creative type. He has a fat lesbian roommate and I don't like her nor her vegan girlfriend.

I have a filthy mouth but a heart of gold...kinda.

I have the 8th gayest job imaginable. And no, it doesn't involve penises thrusting into holes. I have seen a few videos where it could be a possibility, though.

I almost never wear my glasses, but usually have at least one pair of over-sized sunglasses on my person. I used to look like the Elizabeth Peyton portrait in the sidebar, but I grew out of it and haven't found a suitable replacement.

I've been told my mix cds are amazing; I hope people aren't lying when they tell me that. I like to think I'm pretty good at making them.

I'm the cutest person you know who has read Proust. Not in French, only in translation.

Jake Gyllenhaal and I are secret boyfriends. Don't tell anyone.

If you enjoy my blog, you should prove it with material goods.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.