June 21, 2004

to start my blakean year

In approximately six to eight weeks, it will be my birthday. I'm not a big fan of birthdays, or of holidays in general. I'm not even a big fan of getting stuff--in fact, last Christmas, my list to Santa solely consisted donations in my name to the HRC, ACLU, Amnesty International, PETA, etc. Yes, I am a better person than you. I did get a few gifts, which was nice, but I really didn't need any of them. I now get a lot of newsletters now full of sappy stories, but as a college student, all mail is good mail.

That being said, I am a poor college student and do not turn down gifts of any sort, and am conscientious enough to give adequate leeway for shipping.

I'm debating whether or not I should make an Amazon.com wishlist. I guess I'm blegging here. Has anyone ever bought anything for anyone off of a blog's wishlist? Has anyone recieved anything? Does anyone have a wad of cash burning a hole in their fabulous jeans and wish a proper opportunity to prove your love to me? More importantly,does the whole thing make me seem like a greedy git?

Right now, I'm leaning towards not making the list, since most things I want Amazon doesn't cover (e.g. "good writing is sexy" shirt, digital camera, Bush's resignation, true love, world peace) but if anyone out there wants to prove their undying love for me with material goods, well, who am I to stand in their way?
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.