August 2, 2004

Metatextualism is hot.

I like blogs that are well written.  Almost everyone in the sidebar is gay, or at least bi with a yaoi fascination.  There must be something introspective and demonstrative there. I just don't know what.

I read blogs because if I was in that person's shoes, I think they are who I'd be.  I read blogs to remind me that sex isn't all that it's cracked up to be.  I like prolific blogs.  I like blogs that wear their hearts on their sleeves.  I read blogs of people older than I am in hopes that I can live that life.  I read blogs to lose myself in their lives.  I read blogs to catch up on friends' lives.  I read blogs because I develop crushes on most of my blogroll. I read blogs to appease my social conscious.  I read blogs in hopes that they'll talk about me.  I read blogs to steal emotions and lines to use in poems.  I read blogs to break the monotomy of my day.   I read blogs because I don't have any friends in real life.  I read blogs to remind myself that life is worth living and I therefore don't have to kill myself because it will get better. 

I read blogs.

I write in blogs because I've read that most writers keep journals and I'm passive/agressive about attention.  I write in blogs because it's one of the habits of highly successful people.   I write in blogs to garner attention to myself.  I write in two separate blogs so the people I don't know can know more about me than my friends.  I write in blogs to fish for compliments.  I write in blogs to force people to read my poetry.  I write in blogs to rub my stats in my friends' faces.  I write in blogs to inspire other people.  I write in blogs to force my opinions on others, and to force myself to hold opinions.  I write in blogs so friends can keep track of me.  I write in blogs because my best friend did in 8th grade, and we were always competing as to who wrote the better post.  I write in blogs for the stats.  I write in blogs to ensure that I always keep writing.   I write in blogs to remind myself that something interesting happens to me at least once a day, and therefore I shouldn't kill myself.

I write blogs.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.