August 12, 2004

Talking to myself

Bob: So, what did you do yesterday since you had the day off?

Bob: Well, I spent the day watching a French pseudo-musical, then I read a little bit of poetry. I bought some flowers for my friend's mom for her birthday, and I drove my sisters to some classes because my mom was having a root canal. I did a load of laundry, cooked dinner (haddock, mashed potatoes and corn), and then I started reading a book on Benjamin Rush, the eternal footnote of the Founding Fathers.

Bob: Wow. That's a lot

Bob: Yeah, well I also went to the library, registered to vote, babysat for my neighbor for a few minutes when she found out her husband was in an accident (he's okay), called/talked to my Senator (the actual guy, not an intern), and started editing a short story I've been working on. I checked blogs throughout the day, too.

Bob: You do realize, of course, that you're probably not getting laid until you're at least thirty, right?

Bob: Oh yeah. Big time.

Bob: Well, at least you'll make one hell of a trophy husband someday.

Bob: Yeah I will. Too bad there aren't any 22 year old sugar daddies in the area.

Bob: Bastards.

Bob: You said it.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.