August 25, 2004

Think different; think adverbs.

Last night, I watched a documentary No Logo, based on the book of the same name. It was all about the pervasiveness of company brands, the idea of brand symbology, and their reprecussions on the world market. One of the companies they profiled was Apple.

A fair percentange of my friends are Microsoft-bashers. They seem to feel that Apple is the inherently better of the two brands, citing that Macs don't seem to crash as often, and that there are less security issues. This may or may not be true, but I still hate Apple and always will.

Their company motto is Think Different.


If those motherfuckers can't recognize an adverb when they see it plastered on billboards, magazine adverts, television commercials, sides of buses, t-shirts, ad infinitem, they obviously can't be capable of making a quality product.

And yes, I am one of those geeks who doesn't shop at stores that add a superfluous apostrophe to the plural (cd's, video's on sale) and I do cringe when I work the express lane (15 item or fewer, not less, you corporate bastards!).

And no, I didn't really like this book.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.