December 13, 2004

You know, like the "Real" Gilligan's Island?

I feel as though I'm on some sort of reality program, like The "Real" Twilight Zone.

See, I came back to my dorm Saturday night, finding a rousing game of beer pong in process in our kitchen/dining room. One of the gayest songs on earth, Rufus Wainwright's Instant Pleasure (MP3), was playing over the speakers. They didn't take that song from my cd, but rather one of the overweight straight guys already owned it and put that on the playlist. Even more shocking, a handful of them were singing along, loud and drunkenly, to this song.

It was really fucking weird, and I spent the rest of the night looking for hidden cameras and Rod Serling's zombie stepping out from behind the shower curtain.

"Imagine, if you will, a world where frat boys spontaneously sing musicals and gay folk songs and gay men punch overweight guys when they get in the way."

Because I did.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.