March 17, 2005

One last thing

There's one more thing that I haven't mentioned about Allyce (10/22/86-03/11/05). This will probably be the last I blog about her. Hell, I might post something else this afternoon; I don't think she'd like so much talk about her.

I had mentioned that her life was finally going well, and that she was in the midst of her first love and that they were celebrating their five month anniversary. Well, I don't think I mentioned that he was in the car with her, and he died also. They were both sitting in the back seat, next to each other.

I know that having a large truck run over your car like something out of a monster truck rally is a terrible way to die, but there's something to be said about dying in the arms of your first love. There's something sweet and romantic about dying in your first boyfriend's arms. It reminds me of my favorite song, which I'm posting below.

There is a Light that never goes out (MP3) by the Smiths

This in no way makes her death any more acceptable, but it does make it less terrible, that she went gently into that good night in the arms of the one she loved.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.