April 20, 2005

Music Meme

I got stuck with one of those damn music memes over at my livejournal. I'm not posting the entire meme here, just the part where it asks you to list the 5 songs that you've been listening to a lot lately, or the songs that mean the most to you. Since I'm posting links to the songs, I figured someone might enjoy this selection. They're all yousendit.com links, so they'll expire in a week or so. Happy downloading!


Patti Smith--Land (lyrics) This song is probably the greatest single influence on the person I grew up to be.

Nina Simone-- Funkier Than a Mosquito's Tweeter (lyrics) I think I've posted this song before, but it's awesome enough to merit a second chance for downloading.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs--Maps (lyrics) The ex's (Peter) and my song. Heart and I don't have a song yet, but when we do, I'll be sure to post it. It'll probably be something by David Bowie, though.

Hawksley Workman--Your Beauty Must Be Rubbing Off (lyrics) The bridge is him saying "Cacophony? Caca phony", which I find hilarious. Plus, the ending is pretty sweet.

Le Tigre--Keep On Livin (lyrics) This song, on repeat, got me through a lot of rough times.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.