April 18, 2005

This post has nothing to do with Jake Gyllenhaal



A slightly better story from the hospital: I thought of the artwork of Steve Walker when retelling this story, and I love his paintings.


In addition to heart problems, Heart (the boyfriend) has an awkward curving of the spine. It's nothing serious or anything. It just means that lying on his back on an operating table for 8+ hours caused a pressure sore on his lower back. The doctors suggested that he sit up and apply some ice.

"I wonder what the nurses would think if they walked in right now. My ass is hanging out of my gown, I'm sitting on an icepack, I'm holding hands with you, and you're crossing your legs at the knees, and I'm resting my head on your shoulder. It's a shame you're not a photography major, Bob. This would make an awesome Kodak moment."


A picture is worth a thousand words, and really long poems are boring, and so you're stuck with that mental picture. Maybe you had to be there.


It was fucking gay.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.