February 16, 2006

Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other

There's been a bit of recent broo-ha-ha about Willie Nelson's release of a little ditty called "Cowboys are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other."

Being the cultural zeitgeist of the upper Midwest, I posted an earlier version of that song about three months ago, which was recorded about ten years ago by the queercore band Pansy Division. (lyrics)

And so, in the interest of riding this gay cowboy song wave while I'm working on a better post for tomorrow, (two whiny posts in a row about being single is too much, I'm guessing) I'm going to repost this song, via yousendit.com. Valid for one week, though I may repost it if I keep getting the requests.

Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other (mp3)

Rocknroll, everybody.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.