April 17, 2006

The Lost Weekend

Well, it wasn't so much a lost weekend, but it seems that way. Alcohol was had, to be sure, but I can remember what happened. It's just that the events don't really work together as a coherent blog post, without too much exposition and faking too much dialogue. It's hard to recreate the decadence of lounging on a chaise lounge, a UV Blue/Lemonade in hand, letting the barbs fly. Not to toot my own horn, but I was on fire, living up to the 50s homosexual stereotype: a drink in one hand, a witty retort for everything, with tongue-in-cheek sexual innuendo coming out every orifice.

My drinking buddy had a friend visiting for Easter, and I "couldn't find a ride home," and there were a few other holdouts who stayed in town this weekend. My drinking buddy's boyfriend went back home for Passover, and so we drank at his house. He's designing a website for a used furniture on the east side, and has thousands of dollars worth of merchandise at his place as payment, hence the chaise lounge, the big screen tv, the wrap-a-round couch, and mahogany coffee table. His dorm puts my family's living room to shame.

We spent much of Saturday night watching bad television and drinking his alcohol. Through the magic of video-on-demand and way too expensive cable, we re-lived our childhoods with the help of vodka, from All That to Power Rangers to Hey Dude to Salute Your Shorts, while watching the first Harry Potter, recreating the scenes. It was beautiful but totally impossible to recreate in a blogpost.

At any rate, it was close to bartime, and there were six people left: my drinking buddy, her friend (also a girl) and four guys (including me). My drinking buddy's friend doesn't have a fake ID, so those two were going to stay there and keep drinking, while the three other guys wanted to go out and hit the bar, maybe find some drunk girls to take home.

And what was I going to do?

"Well, it could either be boys' night out or girls' night in."

I guess you had to be there. And drunk.

I ended up walking with the guys to the bar, but going off and grabbing some food (mmmm... Palmeni) and going back and talking about hot celebrities with the girls.

I'm not entirely sure what that says about me, but I've got class soon and I don't have time to fully dwell on it.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.