January 4, 2008

New Years

So for that one overrated holiday that just happened, or should I clarify, that the most recent overrated holiday, Initials and I originally weren't planning on doing anything. The night is just crowded with amateur drinkers, and there cover charges are outrageous for cheap champagne and plastic party hats. Plus it was going to be really cold out, and I wasn't in the mood.

Anyways, after lots of needling and whining, he was able to talk me into heading to the crappy gay bar near his place. It was as terrible as I expected it to be, with old men leering and craterface twinks splattering glitter everywhere as tacky remixes to the Macarena filled the dancefloor. At least the bartender thought I was cute and gave me really strong drinks.

By 11:45, Initials and I had had enough. We grabbed one of the first plastic flutes of champagne, gulped, and high-tailed it out of there. We rang in the New Year at a stop light outside of the Target, just a quick peck before the light turned green.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.