January 24, 2008

"Savage," Indeed

Did this week's installment of Savage Love leave anyone else kind of, well, I don't know. Creeped out?

For those of you who haven't read it yet, basically Dan tells a zoophile to save his pennies, buy a big house with a big fence, and keep the noise down. And then he says that we eat animals and wear their fur, so those of you who are creeped out are hypocrites. Also, you can't really rape dogs because they're always humping your leg.

I've been thinking less and less of Savage Love in the past few years. With the rise of the internet, normal questions are easily solved, which is leaving him with just bizarre shit, and it feels like he doesn't care much about it anymore. I find that I don't agree with him much in the past few years. I'll probably stop turning to the back pages of the Onion and reading it every Wednesday like I used to.

I'll still read his next book, because that's where his talent really lies (in my opinion, at least) but this last article was just, gross.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.