June 3, 2009

Summer Music Mix

Entertainment Weekly has a new poll asking people to vote on the Must song of the summer. I imagine they mean "Must-Hear." Pickings were slim at best.
  • Lady GaGa, "LoveGame"
  • Katy Perry, "Waking Up in Vegas"
  • The Black Eyed Peas, "I Got a Feeling"
  • Shinedown, "Second Chance"
  • Kid Cudi, "Day N Nite"
  • Lil Wayne feat. Kevin Rudolf, "In Your Face"
At first I thought I was getting old because I hadn't heard any of the songs. After spending a few minutes on youtube watching music videos, it became official: I am old. I hated all of them and spent the next hour or two complaining about "kids these days" and "they call that music?" and spouting other curmudgeonly platitudes.

The poll inspired me to make a summer mix, music for driving with all of the windows rolled down, wearing sunglasses and hanging one arm out the window, waving it around to play with the air . As always, right click and save as, play nice with the bandwidth, and 'sample use only.'

Trust Your Stomach by Marching Band
Beggin by Madcon
Be Gentle With Me by The Boy Least Likely To
Fatima by K'naan
Dy-na-mi-tee by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
"Come On Petunia" by the Blow
Summons Song by Phillip Roebuck

NB-Links taken down on July 9.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.