July 18, 2009

Growing Up

My parents have been hounding me for ideas for gifts since my birthday is in about two weeks, but I don't really have a whole lot of ideas. There are a couple DVDs on the list and a new shower CD/radio, but really, the bulk of my list is boring, practical, hard to ship things, like a dining room table, dresser and kitchen island.

The boyfriend broke down and bought an iPhone this afternoon, and while we were in the Mac store flirting with the geek we found out just how convenient it would be to add an additional phone to his new plan. And since the boyfriend is searching for a gift for me too, he suggested that we call and see if he could split the cost of a second iPhone.

And so I called, and untactfully brought up my birthday wishlist. And then I had to explain to her what an iPhone is, because she had never heard of it. She asked my Dad if he knew what it was, and he had never heard of an iPhone either. They are going to look into it, but I'm not exactly keeping my fingers crossed.

But my god. They're so old.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.