July 13, 2009

The Prophecy

(Arguably not safe for work-ish, but since it's art I'd say there's some leeway.)

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this before; it seems like something that would be all over the gay blogs for a few days, slowly but surely being posted by everyone in my RSS feed. I must have missed it, since I'm usually not out of the loop on these sorts of high-concept/cute guy works of art; those who have checked out my many rotating mastheads could have probably guessed that.

Beautiful Mag commissioned this piece of digital photographic art by Aymeric Giraudel as a modern-day fresco about a year and a half ago.

The picture embiggens well, and if you follow the links you can download even larger hi-res pics, if you're into that sort of thing.

This video has a horrible Madonna song as accompaniment, but if you turn off the sound there's some great close-ups.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.