January 17, 2010

Taj Mahal, the pyramids of Egypt, are unique I suppose
But when they built Mrs DeBruin they broke the mold

My favorite teacher from high school died last night, which has put a real damper on the extended holiday weekend and tonight's Golden Globe party.

I'm kind of surprised at how torn up I am about her death.

I mean, I logged into my facebook account for the first time in six months to join a memorial page for her. It's an impotent way of expressing grief, but I don't have a whole lot of options. I've been listening to a lot of Springsteen, since she's the one who turned me from liking some of his songs to believing fully in his sobriquet.

There's a lot of depressing Springsteen songs about death and loss. This could take a while.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.