May 1, 2004

Five Links and/or Thoughts as of 3:07pm:

1. I'm always pleased when I find news articles that extoll the virtues of my guilty pleasures. Today (or maybe yesterday), Slate.com came out with a review of a cartoon that, when my roommmate catches me watching it, I feel guilty: The Fairly OddParents. Now if they'd only come out with an article about Recess I won't have to quick change the station when my roommate drops by.

2. I just found out that I'm scheduled to read at the English Awards ceremony during the finale of Friends and I don't know if I feel comfortable admitting that I like the show enough to cancel or buy a blank tape.

3.Today is the first of May, and you know what that means: First of May, First of May, Outdoor Fucking Starts Today!

4. I have a new desktop; it's a self-portrait of Otto Dix, a German Expressionist whom the Nazis abhorred.

5. I have found the worst poem in the world, at least in my opinion. I feel really bad for discouraging art, but since the title is "Im So Gothic, Im So Pale, Tragedy, Pitty Me, Pitty Me" I hope to god that it's a parody or mockery and not at face value.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.