May 30, 2004

OBITER DICTUM:

that which is said by the way or in passing
(from Latin: ob=by, iter=road or way, dictum=pronouncement, saying)(Addtional datum: Dictum was the name of my first online blog, which was over at diaryland. ::falling star across the screen:: The More You Know...)

Sane, paululum linguae Latinae dico-- sic faciunt omnes. Vero, Latine loqui non est difficilissimum. Revera linguam Latinam vix cognovi, sed simulo.

My favorite Latin saying:
Fac me cocleario vomere!
Gag me with a spoon!

Latin class is over for the day, I'm afraid. Anyway, I switched commenting systems, because squawkbox had been acting up, and I wasn't all too pleased. The version that comes with blogger is teh shittxor, or whatever the l337 kids are calling it nowadays, so I'm at haloscan, along with everyone else on earth, practically.

None of you care, do you? I didn't think so. I don't mean to bore you with this stuff. I'm just letting you know that I'm starting over with comments, and, instead of having something plain like "(1) Comment(s)" I have it in Latin, because I'm scholarly or whatever. So don't be afraid of the odd scratchings next to the timestamp, and pretend that it's just a plain ol' comments link.

Now you know. This way, if someone is hovering over your shoulder while you're reading my blog, and they notice the Latin and ask what it says, you can answer them before you shove a tic tac in their mouth and tell them to get back to their own damn orifices.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.