September 9, 2004

Roommate bio thingee, part two.

I found a story about my roommate to show what a great guy he is, even though as I type it, it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as previously thought.

Despite the fact that I moved in last Tuesday, I still have more than my fair share of stuff in boxes. There just isn't enough room for all of my clothing, let alone notebooks, cd spindles, shoes, and throw pillows.

I've been going slowly but surely through the remaining boxes, organizing and reorganizing drawers and hanging hooks for all of my stuff.

Last year, for Day of Silence, the GSA gave out shitloads of HRC stickers, and I still have a pile of twenty or so. They were sitting on my desk, about to be placed in a spare manilla folder in which I keep odd gay paraphenelia like that, when my roommate returned from class.

He threw his bookback against the wall, and some of the stickers floated to the carpeting like the leaves outside our window. He picked one up, and inquired as to what the stickers were. I replied with something indecisive and coy, along the lines of "Oh, it's the HRC. For equal rights and stuff like that."

"Oh." He flipped over the sticker and read the blurb printed on the back.
The HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN envisions an America where gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people are ensured of their basic equal rights.

By placing this sticker where others can see it, you can help to spread the message of equality for all.

"I'm going to put this on the door so that everyone knows we're all pro about you--is that okay?"

It was more than okay.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.