October 27, 2004

Thanks, Ma!

This anti-Bush flash cartoon is brought to you by my mother, who felt the need to forward it to me yesterday. If only she would learn to send money; maybe then I'll call.


(Didn't Know I Was) UnAmerican

v.1
Didn't know I was unamerican
For choosing to give a damn
Or unpatriotic
For daring to take a stand
For what I believe in
Looks like freedom to me -
Expressions of liberty
Wanting our America to be
A responsible hegemony

v.2
Didn't know I was a communist
For wanting to share the wealth
It doesn't take an economist
To measure the cost of health
And what I believe in
Looks like heaven to me -
One human family
Where everybody's got enough to eat
And something warm to cover their feet

v.3
Didn't know I'd be labeled a terrorist
For daring to speak my mind
It's becoming more precarious
For failing to toe the line
And what I believe in
Sounds like freedom to me -
Like the Sons of Liberty
In 1773
Dumping 45 tonnes of tea

v.4
Didn't know I was in the minority
Of people who love the Earth
I hope it becomes a priority
Before it gets any worse
And what I believe In
Looks like heaven to me -
Where angels take the shape of the trees
Giving us clean air to breathe
From the rivers to the mountains and seas...

v.5
DIdn't know I hated my country
For acknowledging the Truth
This war is despicable profiteering
At the expense of our youth
And what I believe In
Looks like heaven to me -
All of humanity
Living as community
In relative harmony

I know it's just a song
But if the whole world sang along
How much longer would it be this way?




PS- New biography should be up within a few hours. Spastic and Sparse edition. It's fairly minimalist, and I'm a maximalist to the extreme, so we'll see how long it'll last.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.