January 6, 2005

Don't pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang

One of my favorite songs is "Bombs Over Baghdad" by Outkast. It's been my song for at least five years now, ever since I got bored in a computer lab during my freshman year of high school and decided to learn all of the lyrics. Now, I can rap this song faster than even Outkast themself. It's mad fly, yo.

For those of you who have lived under a rock recently, or prefer to get your musical stylings from "Sweating To the Oldies," here's an MP3.

Imagine my horror, will you, after trolling around amIright.com, a website dedicated to misheard lyrics, and discovering that I've been chanting along with the wrong gospel chorus all the while. It's "Power music, electric revival," not "Bible music, electric revival." I feel so stupid, but not as stupid as I could feel. At least I didn't sing some of these gems while keeping my skillz fresh.


God loves music so lets read the bible
Gotta go pee, it's an electric revival
I don't need no Atlantic revival
I hope you learnt a lesson from the bible
Pop loves music, big airships and milo.


And, my personal favorite:

5, 4, 3, taking lessons in Tae*Bo.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.