January 5, 2005

From the archives

This is taken from a blog I had back in high school.

Fabulousness.

The Discovery Channel is interviewing Kat and me (and MJ) on Monday for being geniuses at the Performing Arts School, and Kat and I decided that we must look fablulous for the interview. Like, so fabulous that a gaggle of teenagers would create websites devoted to them. Complete and utter fabulousness. So Mel and I went to the mall to find the fabulousness, and lo and behold, we bump into Kat and MJ, also in search of fabulousness for Kat (I doubt MJ is capable of fabulousness). I ended up buying two red/dark reddish shirts on clearance, and some red bowling-type shoes. Don't tell anyone, but they're women's shoes. You totally can't tell, and they match the shirts so well, and Payless has the antithesis of fabulous shoes for guys.

Topping off our fabulous fabulous excursion, Mel and I went to the oxygen bar, for it was having a fabulous two-for-one deal. And it was quite enjoyable, except for that it dried out our noses quite quickly, and dried out noses are not fabulous, to say the least.

In case you haven't noticed, it was the quirk de jour today to say the word fabulous as many times as possible. When our napkins fell off of the table at Erberts and Gerberts, it was because the napkins weren't fabulous enough to be at our table. When we heard Coldplay 3 times over the speakers, it was fabulous. My ostentatiously loud sunglasses were fabulous. We were the epitome of fabulous and it was fabulously excellent.

Speaking of Erberts and Gerberts, they played the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I didn't approve. Who invited 1996 to come out and play?

Anyways, fabulousness abound.




It's no wonder I never had to come out of the closet.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.