May 6, 2005

Blue, blue jeans I wear them every day

I had a pair of jeans with a small tear on the back right pocket. It wasn't much, maybe a half inch. I would barely flash a small, miniscule really, chunk of underwear fabric. Since I match my tshirt to my underwear, no one really noticed. I thought it hot.

But one of my friends warned me how the rip could grow and then where would I be? She had some other mending work to do on one of her jeans, and offered to patch my pair up while she was on a sewing kick. I reluctantly relented.

The weather was gorgeous out yesterday. Probably the best weather we've had all spring: not a cloud in the sky, little to no wind, flowers in full bloom, all that jazz. For our last discussion section, the class decided to hold class outside. And by the class, I mean that five minutes before the class was to start, we wrote a note on the board saying that we were holding class outside, with or without the TA.

He, unfortunately, showed up, and we held the review section in a grassy knoll across the street. It was nice; the trucks passing by were a bit loud, but it was nice to grab some rays now, before I start spending every possible waking minute studying for my finals (which are next week) and packing to move home for the summer (move out by Sunday).

When class sort of fizzled out (early, no less), I stood up and reached around to check that I didn't have any grass stains on my ass. I looked and found out that I didn't have an ass. Well, I have an ass (a nice one, as Heart is fond of telling me), but my jeans weren't there to cover it. From the top of my back pocket down to past the bottom of it, all you could see is a bright flash of white fabric, exposing most of my right cheek.

(Despite my underwear pseudo-fetish, Heart still prefers me in tightie-whities.)

Fortunately, my messenger bag (or my 'fag bag,' as Heart calls it) covers my ass extraordinarily well. Well, usually it covers my ass too well, from Heart's point of view, but this time hiding my nice round bubble butt was a good thing. It's a good thing that it was my last class of the day; I was able to head right home without anyone noticing. Well, I have no idea if anyone noticed, but I didn't see anyone pointing, staring, or laughing.

I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is that that friend is going home for this weekend (her sister is graduating) and she's taking my jeans home to fix it with her mom's fancy sewing machine. The bad news is that I gave the jeans to her before I had a chance to take pictures of me with my ass hanging out.

Sorry guys. Maybe next time.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.