August 16, 2005

Faygala

I saw "Visiting Mr. Green" by Jeff Baron last night. Its the story of a gay man sentenced to community service, visiting a crotchety old Jew once as week, sort of "Tuesdays With Morrie" meets "The Man Who Came to Dinner" sort of thing, except for the overwhelming urge to punch Mitch Albom.

The play wasn't bad. The first act dragged a little bit, and I think it had a lot do to with the script, but the second act picked up a lot. After the homo comes out to the Jew, there's a lot of "faygala" this and "faygala" that, which is always a bonus. I really enjoy the word faygala.

Anyways, I knew both actors, and the director, from back in my theatre days. The guy who plays the gay guy used to date my best friend in high school, and we couldn't stand each other back then.

I hate to say it, but he's looking good now. He's lost a lot of weight, and at least for the play he's dressing better. He now looks kinda like the gay guy who lived next door last semester. Very much a cub.

I forgot where I was going with this, so I'm just going to post a picture and objectify Jake.

Mmmm...
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.