August 17, 2005

Har De Har Har

I went and saw "Visiting Dr Green" the other day with my dad. He's still got cabin fever, and we figured sitting in a theatre wasn't much different than sitting in front of the tv. He gets the okay as to whether or not he can go out and drive and do shit again this afternoon. Besides, it was technically a comedy, and my dad's a sucker for cheap humor.

Anyways, we came home, and he was recounting the play to Mom, and he did this terrible pun, totally typical of his humor.

"Well Bob, I guess I know why they called it a comedy."

"Because in a tragedy the main character has to die?"

"No, because they sure couldn't have called it a straight play."


Now, I won't bore you with details, but I'll just say that my dad has come a long way since I came out to him two years ago, even if he still has a 8 year old's sense of humor.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.