September 26, 2005

Woof

This weekend, I watched the football game. Not only did I watch Wisconsin beat Michigan, I actually got into it. Not only that, but I was like, understanding what was going on. And, to top it all off, I was drinking beer when I was watching it. That’s right. Beer.

Sure, it was a microbrewed Honey Weiss Bier, but it was still a beer and I was drinking it while watching a sporting event. I am now 37.2% more butch than anyone else you know.

Even though I was acting all butch on Saturday, I still haven’t grown a set and broken things off with Billy. Through his work schedule and my internet’s shaky relationship, I’ve talked to him only once or twice since I made up my mind that things were cut off.

Saturday he called me, but it didn’t feel like the right time to do it. He had a flat tire, and called me while waiting for one of his lesbian friends to come over and fix it. And, while I really wanted to say “A flat tire? Man, that sucks. Do you know what else sucks? The way you’ve been treating me. Goodbye” I didn’t. I guess, at heart, I’m just not that mean of a person. But I wanted to.

At least I scheduled a date with someone else for tonight. I feel kinda guilty setting up a date without going over things with Billy, but he made it very clear last weekend that we were not a couple, so whatever. This new guy may be almost ten years older than I am, but…

Actually, I have no idea how to finish that sentence.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.