October 31, 2005

I'm dreaming of a Bitches' Christmas

Halloween in Madison is one of the largest parties in the country, usually mentioned in the same breath as Mardi Gras and New Years. The past few years have resulted in riots, teargas and pepperspray. I didn't go out for most of the drunken revelry, but I did catch some of the fun near the end. I live about two blocks from the epicenter of last year's riots, and so on my way home I got to see all the police officers get the tear gas ready and load up the pepper spray squirt guns, and then followed the carnage, laughing at drunk people. It was a good thing.

I brought along my camera, but very few pictures turned out. And no, no pictures of me dressed up as a sexy devil. Sorry guys. It was very very gay costume: red jeans, a fitted black tshirt, a sparkly pitchfork and horns. I even had black fairy wings for part of the evening. No wonder that all the drunk out of towners called me faggot. In fact, I was probably called a faggot more this weekend than I have in my entire life. That's probably one of the reasons why my halloween was 'meh.'

It was too cold out for as much male skin as I would have liked, anyway. Fortunately, I was able to find pictures online from this years halloween festivies, and some from years past. Two years ago, when the weather was nicer, one of the frats all dressed in thongs. MMMhmm. Click for larger.

Most of these pictures are relatively not safe for workish, but they're still fun.












Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.