January 23, 2006

No Wonder I'm Single

MyHeritage.com has this fabulously interesting demo feature, where you are given the opportunity to scan your picture in the computer and it will generate a list of the celebrities which you look like. So addictive.

Now, I think I'm an ok-to-decent-looking guy (the zit that currently resides on my nose notwithstanding). I mean, I'm not going to be winning any beauty contests anytime soon, but I don't have to wear a paper bag over my head either. Cute: maybe. Hot: that's a stretch. Ugly: not really.

However, the list that was compiled really made it painfully clear that, well... ouch. The problem is, they show the pictures of the celebrity, and there's always enough of a similarity that if you squint, you can sort of get the resemblance. I can't just pass it off as a computer bug. Goddamnit.

You'll see what I mean.
Grace Kelly
Sylvia Plath
Bob Hope
Celine Dion
Audrey Tautou
Eric Idle
Julie Andrews
Benito Mussolini
Courtney Love

No wonder I'm single.

At any rate, the silver lining to all of this is that I'm pretty sure my infatuation on DPB is over: according to myheritage.com, he looks like (shudder) Ayn Rand.

You guys were all right. He is bad news.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.