January 13, 2006

Three posts that didn't happen

1. It was my mom's 50th birthday the other day. She'd never had a martini before, and had mentioned a few days prior that she wanted to try one. For my gift, she and I went out to a local bar and each had a martini. Martinis, as it turns out, are awful, and it ended up not being nearly as interesting or traumatic as I would have thought.

2. My dad was in the hospital yesterday. I was about to leave for work when he came home, saying that his stomach sort of hurt. He was just going to take some painkillers and sleep it off. I got back from work to find out that he spent the afternoon in the hospital.

3. I bought a jacket at Target this morning. It is the sexiest thing you've ever seen, doubled by the fact that it only cost $8.37. If Target were a human being, I would have to drop out of school and become its sex slave.


Oh well. I go back to school this weekend, and classes start Tuesday, so chances are I should be getting back into the swing of things real soon.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.