March 19, 2006

Dane County Expo Center Coliseum Madison, WI: December 3, 1977

Paul Stanley Summarizes The Tragedies of William Shakespeare During Between-Song Banter from the 1977-78 KISS Alive II Tour

I gotta tell you Madison. We been all over this country and there ain’t nothin’ like those good Madison, Wisconsin, women! Yeah! You know what I’m talking about, people! You know I seen women all over this world, people, and there ain’t nothin’ like a Midwest woman. Woooooo! One thing about a Madison woman, people, she always tells you what’s on her mind. ON HER MIIIIIIIIND. Let me tell you about a straight shooter named Cordelia, people! She told it like it was. I’m talkin’ ‘bout no bullshit, people. She looked her daddy right in the eye and she told him how it was, people. And her daddy wadn’t just any daddy, Madison. Her daddy was KING LEAAAAAR, Madison. Now I’m tellin’ you what, people: you need a good woman like Cordelia around, Madison. A good WISCONSIN WOMAN because I’m tellin’ you people … when that time comes…I’m sayin’ when that times comes, people, and you gotta look your woman in the eye … you gotta look your woman in the eye, now, Madison, and you gotta ask her that question … that one question we all wanna know. I say I know you love my … LIMOUSINE! I say I know you love my … CREDIT CARDS! I know you love … ROCK AND ROLL! But I just got this one question, left, baby … one question for you, Madison … DO … YOU … LOVE … ME?!?


I wish I were clever enough to come up with something like that.

NB--It's even better after the consumption of vodka. Try it!
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.