May 28, 2009

NSFWish Reading List: Obama Edition


Even though Obama isn't exactly on the greatest of terms with the gay population of the United States, he's still popular enough to boost circulation when a picture of him is on the cover of magazines and newspapers. So I figure, well, if it works for dying media, it might help my unique visitor and page view count as well.

And so I'm going to briefly mention that the President and First Lady are to be the Honorary Chairs of the National Book Festival, and not give any context, commentary or snark. Hell, I didn't even read the article I linked to, just the headline, because I'm not entirely happy with his glib remarks about GLBT rights, and because I don't really care.

I'm only mentioning Obama to drum up readership, and only mentioning the book festival as an excuse for the regular series of pictures of naked guys with bookjackets awkwardly photoshopped over the good parts, to show what books I've read recently.

White Noise by Don DeLillo


Brooklyn by Colm Toibin


Never Mind the Pollacks by Neil Pollack


The Hakawati by Rabih Alameddine


The Romantic Dogs by Robert Bolano


NoVa by Boice



(All pics from the aptly named and usually not safe for work guys with iPhones.)
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.