May 22, 2009

Wake Up Call

Construction started at 7 AM outside my garden-level apartment this morning. It was not appreciated, obviously, but that lack of appreciation was exacerbated by the fact that I had some friends over last night and the four of us went through a bottle of wine, a bottle of gin and a 6-pack of blueberry beer. I was looking forward to sleeping in and not having to go into work until noon.

In fact, the only way it could have been worse is if the vibrations from the construction caused my bookshelf to fall apart and everything I own to fly about the apartment, the bookshelf that I got used three years ago and is held together with duct tape because it only has to last until August when Initials and I move in together.

Oh wait. That did happen. At 7:05 this morning. Fortunately the only thing that broke was a pair of sunglasses. But still, a horrible way to wake up, and not a great start to my holiday weekend.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.