June 2, 2009

Alcohol Goodness

Continuing with the theme of plugging the wonderful company that gave me free samples (I know, I'm easy), the boyfriend and I experimented with drinks last night, and came up with something delicious. I think this is an new, original creation, or at the very least it's new to us, and we drink a lot of fruity cocktails.
  • 2 oz Pom Wonderful
  • 1 oz Gin
  • lime juice
  • dash vermouth
  • club soda
  • lime garnish


Mix the gin, pomegranate juice, and a bit of lime juice in a cocktail shaker. You can gently stir the mix over ice if you're a freak who's worried about 'bruised gin.' Ready your martini glass how they do in Auntie Mame by splashing some vermouth in a martini glass, swirl it around, and then tossing the liquid down the drain. Pour the mix into the glass until it's not quite full. Top off with as much club soda as you like, depending on how strong you want your drink. Garnish with lime.

Now all we need is a name for our concoction. We thought about incorporating the name of the blog, but I get enough search engine hits from dirty men searching for young boys doing dirty things, and I don't think that ordering a Raw Youth at the bar is going to help things. Any suggestions?
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.