November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Last year it was to his sister's place, and this year for Thanksgiving it's time for his parents. For better or for worse, his family takes holidays more seriously than mine do and much more high maintenance, and so they usually win out on these sorts of things. Even though it means a six hour drive each way for a two-night stay, probably longer this time due to weather.

If I had my way, the boyfriend and I would spend the afternoon at the local Indian buffet and then sit on the couch nursing our food-babies and catching up on my Netflix queue. It would be fantastic. But no.

Like all our road trips, I've added making mix cds to my pre-trip to-do list, because five states is a lot of NPR for the boyfriend to argue with. And figured that since I haven't posted in a while, I would kill two birds with one stone and make a mix for the blog.

This time, more covers! As always, right click and save as, preview use only, limited bandwidth, up for a limited time, etc.

  • I Kissed a Girl performed by Max Vernon
  • Single Ladies performed by Pomplamoose
  • Just A Girl performed by Shannon Butcher
  • Mamma Mia performed by Miniature Tigers
  • Mexican Radio performed by Bruce Lash
  • Blister in the Sun performed by Paddy Milner
  • Womanizer performed by Sliimy

Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.