December 9, 2009

Snow!


So, I love snowdays. Not as much as the slightly NSFW man above, but I do love a free day off of work, especially now that I'm no longer responsible for any shoveling.

Last night, after being home sent home early due to the storm, the boyfriend and I sat around at home, catching up on old NYTimes Crossword puzzles and listening to jazz. We don't have a fireplace or a bearskin rug, but it was still nice and quaint. Rustic, almost.

In fact, the rustic-ness has been the only downside to this inclement weather hubbub, since the internet at the apartment has been wonky for more or less the past week, and so we haven't been able to catch up on television or posts or anything like that. It's all been "quality" together-time, when really all I want to do is drink heavily and watch that ridiculous Alice in Wonderland revamp.

Plus, the craigslists and manhunts are exploding with puns about how 'the snow isn't the only thing that needs blowing' and college students trapped in the dorms deciding to update their 'adult' profiles on all of the online 'communities' and I want to make sure I can catch as much skin as I can as we head into six months of dressing in layers.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.