December 10, 2009

Contest!


It's no secret that I read a lot, reading almost as many books in a week than the average American does in a year. But the question has always been, how much?

This year has been the first that I've actively kept a list with all of the books I've read and finished, along with the total number of pages. I've tried keeping a list in previous years, but this is the first year that I've kept up with it and have a running total. And while so far it's not as large as I thought it would be, it's still a ridiculously high number.

And so I'm announcing a contest. Whoever is closest to guessing the total number of books or total number of pages I've read in the calendar year will get a special prize. I haven't decided on what the prize will be, but it will be fantastic.

The final number count and winner will be announced in the first few days of January, but you guys can start guessing now by leaving a comment to this post.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.