December 14, 2009

Our First Noel

My first thought when I woke up this morning, before rolling over and hitting the snooze button, was "Hot Damn--Christmas is in 10 days, and I haven't done shit yet."

Well, that's not true. I did stop by Target on Sunday to pick up a small fake plastic tree for the end table, and I have been nagging the boyfriend to get started on planning the Christmas meals.

That's right. The boyfriend and I are hosting Christmas at our place. Twice, no less. Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Brunch with my family, and Christmas dinner with a rag-tag bunch of friends, mostly grad students, who don't have any other plans. I seem to be taking it a lot more seriously than he is, and he's the one who has to do most of the cooking.


(Superfluous picture of Santas in speedos via the wickedgayblog.)
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.