April 9, 2010

I'm Not Dead

Remember when I used to post stories, or at least somewhat witty anecdotes about my life? Somewhat regularly? Way back when?

I have two theories why posting has more-or-less disappeared.

1. It's all I can do to keep up with my RSS feed. While my google reader has made following blogs easier, it's a mixed blessing. I'm reading somewhere between 500 and 600 blog posts a day. It can be overwhelming.

2. My boyfriend is a hoverer. I'll be sitting on the couch with my laptop out, and he'll come sit next to me and start reading over my shoulder. And since he promised to stop reading the blog because he kept getting his feelings hurt (and I more-or-less believe him when he says he's stopped), I just save the post and mean to restart it at some point in the future. Which doesn't often happen.

Which more or less leaves me with posts of mostly naked pictures of cute men and youtube videos of the Reagans admitting their drug addiction.



The boyfriend and I are meeting his parents in Chicago this weekend for some belated Easter/early birthday greetings. Maybe there'll be a story there. A short one, so I can actually finish it.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.