April 12, 2010

Weekend With The Boyfriend's Family

As previous stated, the boyfriend and I met with his family on Saturday as part of a belated Easter slash early 30th birthday celebration. They are all nice people, though they are somewhat exhausting to be around, constant chattering on top of more chattering, all while making decisions that I don't understand.

For example, what kind of people drive three hours for a family get-together only to spend ninety minutes in a chain bookstore in downtown Chicago? It wasn't just Borders though; it was a full day at the Magnificent Mile shopping at chain franchises found at any mall anywhere in the continental 48: Gap, Macys, Eddie Bauer, Jamba Juice, A&F, Nike, etc.

I just don't get the thought process behind that. And I don't think I ever will.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.