June 2, 2004

My Jakey-wakey

Apropos his question, I'd like to state that yes, Jake Gyllenhaal is the new "It" boy. For bloggers, at least. I mean, c'mon. Look at him.

Of course, I'd like to point out that I was one of the first on his bandwagon (and one of the first who wanted his caboose as well). I saw him in the West End debuting This Is Our Youth years ago, where I sat behind Natalie Portman and her beau at the time. He looked dumb and cute. The beau, not Jake. Jake looked hot. I of course loved Donnie Darko when it came out, and I even wrote a paper on the social commentary (via Morris Dees) in Bubble Boy. I used his pictures as a background in two blogs when I was in high school.

In other words: I had my eyes on him first, so back off, bitches. He's mine.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.