January 20, 2005

She also mispronounced it.

There is this girl on the second floor who has earned my wrath. She's an acquaintance, but I'm friends with her suitemates. Usually she's a mild annoyance, but this week she's gone too far.

Not only did the girl in question buy a copy of the book by she-who-must-not-be-named, but she bought a collection of books by that woman. She then had the audacity to show them to me.

"How are you?"
"I'm excited. I ordered some books during break, and they're here."
"Yeah? Did you get textbooks, or what?"
"I got a collection of books by Ayn Rand, who's great..."

And with that, I slammed the door in her face. It was tricky, because I was in her room at the time, but I did it anyway. In hindsight, I probably should have let her finish her sentence, in case she went on to say "...great for bonfires and inducing vomiting." That's probably the only acceptable end to that sentence.

I refuse to talk to her now. When she last tried to make small talk with me, after the incident, I told her to go to hell and take her Ayn Rand books with her.

I feel totally justified in doing it, but everyone else in the building thinks I'm a jerk because they don't get it. Hopefully at least someone who reads this blog agrees with me.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.