January 19, 2005

Would you like a doctor to take a picture to look at me from inside as well?



Probably the most common question asked of me is whether or not I have a face pic. While I do have a few, I don't like giving them out. I enjoy the anonymity, the secret identity that blogs give. I've mentioned this before, and for those of you who are too lazy to go through the archives (which includes me, because I'm not posting a link to the post), essentially I compare blogs to books. Sometimes when they're made into movies, the actors chosen match the characters I have in my head. Sometimes they don't. Even though Renée Zellweger got good reviews, she will never be my Bridget Jones. You could be a very attractive guy, but you might not be the person I associate with your online persona. And I'm sure it's the same with other people. (Plus, genetics has me breaking out more often than the average college guy (curse you, Dad!).)

I hope a sketch of myself sates (rather than wets) appetites. Before you go fawning over my mad artistic skills, I have to admit that I had to trace around the nose because I can't draw noses, and my ears are covered with hair because I can't draw ears. Also, my top lip is not larger than my bottom lip, even though it looks like it. I took a picture of the sketch with my digital camera, because I don't have a scanner, so the quality isn't great. But still, here I am, in some sort of graphite glory.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.