August 8, 2005

May the lines sag heavy and deep tonight

Yes, I am now legal. It's always a good idea to ask. Now I can at least get a free drink when some old guy comes up to me and asks if I'm into older men.

My birthday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had talked it down for so much, really expecting it to suck something fierce that when it turned out decent, it really seemed better.

For those of you who weren't around last year to hear me complain about my habit of sucky birthdays, well, I have a habit of sucky birthdays. Here's a checklist of what happened on my last five birthdays.

Got food poisoning? Check.
Major car accident? Check.
Came out to parents? Check.
Party cancelled at the last minute? Check.
Father in hospital? Check.

But my father's getting out of the hospital this morning, it looks like. And as long as he maintains a low-fiber, low-fat diet, he should be fine. It'll suck having him around the house all the time again, but hey! I'll be gone in like, 2 weeks.

No, there was no drunken debauchery, no midnight gropings with vodka oozing out all my orifices, no accidentally vomiting all over a trick, nothing like that. And because I am a cocktease milking it for all its worth trying to bump up site hits lazy, I'll be peppering the next few days with some stories about my weekend. You'll just have to stay tuned.



(This post has nothing to do with the Smiths giving me a bouquet.)
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.