November 10, 2005

I need a life.

So I went out with the German major last night. He was sorry he didn't call on Sunday, but a woman had a heart attack at his place of employment. She was overweight and in a snit, throwing things and yelling, and had a heart attack, slumping right on the floor. While he didn't have to deal with the fat woman directly, it did mean that he had to spend more time at work, and once he did get off work he really wasn't in the mood for a first date.

We ended up getting lost on the way to the movie theatre, and so no, I have yet to see Jake Gyllenhaal's naked ass shimmying for all to see. I've downloaded the bootleg clips of that one scene where he's wearing the strategically placed Santa hat, sure, but I haven't seen this sort of stuff on a big screen.



I suppose that wasn't very work safe, now was it? Whoops.

Anyways, we decided to go for dinner, and throughout the course of the dinner (pizza, staple of college life) during our conversation I realized that I'm really boring.

I don't tell people that I know in real life that I blog or follow blogs, and I probably spend at least an hour reading blogs, in addition to however long it takes to write my daily post. I can't really go about telling a guy on our first date that I spend my days sexually harassing my roommate, so that's out. We met on gay.com (because I am a pussy and can't ask a guy out in real life) but he doesn't realize how many hours a day I stay on there, politely denying the advances of thirty, forty, and fifty year old men. I watch far too much tv for my own good.

I don't really do much. A lot of the conversation revolved around "Oh, in high school I used to..." or "once in a while I..." but no real hobbies or interests in the current form.

He's probably a bit too fey for my liking, and it sounds like his life is, well, Norman Rockwelly, but I wouldn't mind a second date with him. Which is why I think I'm meeting him for drinks tonight.

Hopefully, between then and now, I'll be able to come up with a couple hobbies and things to talk about. And then maybe we'll head back to his place for a little....

Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.