December 31, 2004

End of Year Meme.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
I beat someone up. Two people, actually, but I didn't mention the second weakling yet.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, because I thought I was perfect the way I was. How wrong of me.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I could really use a boyfriend, but I'm sure you're all sick of listening to me bitch about that. I could use some money, as I'm a poor college student with an addiction to that VH1 big-spender show.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The time I had dinner with Anna and friends, going to school and getting 2 great roommates, the first time someone linked this site, that silly little election, that god-awful pride celebration, and lots of moping about. Keeping this blog sure does make answering that question easy.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I have no idea.

9. What was your biggest failure?
The person from whom I stole this meme wrote "my life." While that's a bit too much of a cry for help in my opinion, I'm going to say that life is my biggest failure. Or not getting enough money from FAFSA.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I still have an anxiety disorder, and I have been known to be moody at times.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I have a cd player in the shower, and it's hella tight. I also bought a journal that's pretty sweet.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I love my roommate as much as possible without it turning into a bad erotic story from nifty.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't think I blogged about this, but one of my suitemates (the New York Jew) was voted out of the room. He's probably the worst person I know, but I don't know how to tell the story of it and maintain a shred of partiality.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The dorms, college. Especially since FAFSA is run by morons who forgot about me.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I really wanted Kerry to win, and the Marriage Amendment to fail.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Northern Lad, by Tori Amos. I went through a phase in high school where she was my favorite artist, but then it waned. Now it's resurging.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or hardened?
Hardened. I've finally recovered from having my heart broken.

ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter, but that's because one year ago I wasn't eating.

iii. richer or poorer?
Stupid question. I'm in college. What's poorer than being poor?

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd studied more. I wish I'd gone out more and made at least one friend who's gay at Madison.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I didn't procrastinate as much. I wish I'd spent less Saturday nights alone in my room reading blogs and watching bad television.

20. How will you be spending/how did you spend Christmas?
Disgruntled and with the family.

23. Any one-night stands?
No. I'm not sure if I'm bitter about that or not.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I adore Drawn Together. And my addiction to Date My Mom has already been mentioned.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Various people in the dorm, but that's mostly because I didn't know them last year.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Kite Runner

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I now think I comprehend the genius that is Nina Simone. I mean, I had heard some of her stuff, but wasn't properly in awe of her talent. Barring her, I'd say Nellie McKay, even though I have a friend who went to the Manhattan School of Music with her and thinks she's a jerk.

28. What did you want and get?
Good roommates and decent classes.

29. What did you want and not get?
Scholarships. A boyfriend. A winning lotto ticket.

30. Favorite film of this year?
Angels in America

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I'll tell you what I didn't do, and that's have fun. I turned twenty.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
You can't go wrong with dress shirts and jeans.

34. What kept you sane?
Blogging.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The marriage amendment.

37. Who do you miss?
The ex.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody"
~Cat Stevens.
Here lies a most ridiculous raw youth, indulging himself in the literary graces that he once vowed to eschew. Now he just rocks out.